Sunday 24 January 2016

Week 16 summary

On Monday I was unwell so I did not attend the lecture that was about Baking in Maya, It was a shame that I missed this session as I now feel a little lost on the idea of baking in Maya. I will have to catch up with this. On Wednesday I had a 3D session, which my tutor had shown me how to put a very simple model made in Maya (Cube) that I first had to bake the cube and then placed into Unreal engine 4. (UE4). It was really great to finally play around in a game engine, We were told some basic elements in UE4 one being how to apply a material to the cube. On Thursday we had a guest come into the university to give us a talk about programming, his name was Scott Grandison. He has worked on a few games in the pasts mainly small titles one being a small movie game for 'Magic Mike' on Android. He showed us some basic programming. He then demonstrated some technical parts of the Xbox Kinect camera, which was very fun to watch. Also this week I was having a lot of trouble with my Vintage phone model on the dial part of the phone it took me a long time to finally find a way to make the dial as tidy as I could with it's topology. I am now happy with the outcome.


 (UE4, 3rd person view of all ready made human model and my baked cube with assigned metallic material on both models)

No comments:

Post a Comment