Sunday 13 November 2016

Weekly Summary

This week for my first lecture we where presented with a lecture on 'Sell Sheets' in this lecture we where shown some good and bad examples of some sell sheets. The lecture gave us some good advise on how to layout our sell sheets and give us pointers on fonts, colors  etc..., it was a very useful lecture.

In Z brush session this week we were told to carry on with our own project. I have now started to edit the body of my Troll character (Top half so far) and make it more detailed. I will need to look at some reference images on how to create a body for my Troll, as mine is not correct in proportions and muscle locations etc... I still have a long way to go with this model.



In contextual studies this week we looked at Games as simulations. We were told a little on the history of games as simulations, H.G Wells, played at war simulation game in 1913. The game was called "Little Wars". This was played by using models of buildings and figures to reenact a war scene. We were also shown how these simulation changed the way how people emotions could change while playing, it could show a player being selfless or even selfish while playing the game.

In anatomy this week we looked at the face and neck, I found this to be the most interesting of all the sessions so far. It was good to see how a the muscle in the face change when a person makes an expression.

In the UE4 session this week, we were told to carry on with our games, and had help if need be. This was a useful session as I was able to talk to a tutor about my sell sheet.

Game progress

This week I have decided to add a few more rooms to my game as I felt the game was quite short when I played through it fully. I'm glad I added the other rooms as it makes the location feel more like a real home and it gave me the opportunity to add more detail to the game. I have also started to add sound cues to the game to give the player a more immersive playing experience, as well as music that plays in the background that also changes when you hit a certain spot in the game, this gives the player more emotion when playing the story. As well as doing this I have finished making the game visuals, there maybe one or two things that I may change later but for now I am happy with what the game looks like and it's effect. Also the spawning of the keys when you collect all of the evidence was a problem I had trouble getting it to work and getting my head around it so I found a video on Youtube on how to do it another way. It wasn't my ideal way for the key to spawn but it works. The keys will spawn after sometime has past, instead of when you collect all the evidence. The keys will spawn in different locations each time you play, (4/5 in total).

This image shows a scene in my game and a sound cue near the sink area, and a object to collect on the bath, with added decal (Blood effect), doing this creates more atmosphere.

 This is an extra room I created now finished.

 Added Kitchen area, with interaction on some objects within this room.

 This image shows sounds cues that I have used, and lighting.

 This image just shows some of sounds cues used for the doors and keys that spawn.

 This is the blueprints for the music for my game.

 This image just  shows some of the assets that I used for my game, most were downloaded off websites.

This image shows some of the sounds effects that I used for my game. I did go into some of the sound cues and use a modulator to change some of the pitch effects and speed of the cue to fit my preference, Some of the sounds within my game is of a male voice this is your characters voice "Inspector Logan", I added them because I believe it gives the effect of the character interacting with the environment. These effects where download off Free sound and some other websites.

 The two above images show the key spawn and then it will disappear when the player walks into it.

 This is the spawn key blueprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment