Sunday 29 January 2017

Weekly summary

This Monday we had a pub quiz in our lecture which was fun, the questions varied from the name of some characters in video games to releases of consoles and questions about some of the games industry's creators or artists.

In Z brush this week I didn't get much done of my model as I was watching my tutor show us how to retopologize our models with tools such as Z remesher. I spend most of the session listening and taking notes.

In contextual studies this week we looked at games as Experiences, such as using VR, flow and embodiment. Flow has been mention before in a lecture this is where the player is in the zone, so focused on the task at hand we were shown this with the game DOOM. We were also shown a game called 'Catacomb' which is a very disorienting game were the room is all coloured with no contrast as you move around the room it seems to change and then you can easily get lost and trapped.

In the workshop session this week I carried on with my final concept piece for the art test.

Art Test project Monkey Island

This week I have been very busy and managed to complete the project. I am very happy with the results and I think I worked hard in this project. I did enjoy the project a lot and believe I have been improving and getting a little quicker in my work speed.

This is my final twilight state character, as you can see I did stick with the barnacle design which I think works well. I didn't want to go to over the top with the differences from normal to twilight. The body shape has stayed the same and clothing, but now with added barnacles, starfish, crab, longer beard and eye design. I think this design looks a little creepy, this is what I wanted to go for making it look a little dark.




With the call out sheets I wanted to keep them well informed and easy to understand using colours and styled text. I also made the appearance on each using the same text font and adding a title for each with the font that I thought matched the theme, I also did his with the background.

This is my character in his shop in his normal state. I wanted to show the character behind his shop counter to make it seem more engaging with the scene. I added objects to match. I have also added lighting to this with the candles giving them a glow effect.

This is the twilight state shop scene, I have changed and added a few different objects to match the twilight state, I think both of the concept piece came out well. Overall this project has been very enjoyable I feel that I did well with the character design and have gotten good feedback from people who have seen my designs so far, which brings a confidence boost.


No comments:

Post a Comment