Sunday 1 November 2015

Week 6 summary




This week I have been busy with experimental practice with realistic painting, and generally just doing more development work for my  character. I have found my work flow is a little show but I believe I have produced a few ideas. I am worried that I will get a little dragged down into improving my skills on one area and not developing the idea and making something final. I will start from early next week to start and then complete by the end of next week a model sheet, character sheet and final design idea and piece for my character. In a lecture this week I was working on my project and I was sitting next to another student, I glanced at his work a few times and was admiring his work. I saw something I really liked which was a series of realistic painted faces. I Told him that I really liked that piece of work and how did he accomplished it, he went through step by step, start to finish how he did a particular face. I watched and listened for over 30 minutes. I thought it was so nice of him to show me, I learn a bit from watching him. I would love to be able to achieve a similar style in digital painting, it will be hard work but I am eager to learn and become better.

I also had life drawing this week, I enjoyed this session a lot more than my first one. We were told about lighting, we had to draw the model without using line, we had to use white chalk to sketch only the light that form the structure of the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment