Tuesday 15 March 2016

My pillar in Unreal engine 4


When the pillar was finally finalised in Maya and baked in X normal I then had to place the pillar in unreal engine 4. It took awhile to get to this point as I had made an error of scaling my model when imported back from z brush causing problems but with help I finally got my pillar into unreal engine.


This is the low poly model of the pillar in unreal engine without the normal map on.





My pillar with the normal map selected. There is one problem I noticed when placing this into unreal engine is that the pillar base at the bottom is lacking detail on the front side, I'm not too sure why this has happen, but I'm glad that it is in unreal engine, and overall the detail in the pillar is quite effective I'm just disappointed in the curvature of the shape, I was hoping for a sharper shape like my base model.

No comments:

Post a Comment