Monday 5 October 2015

Insects coloured designs, Iterations








This is my leading insect design. I chose these colours and markings because I wanted it to display it's character. The bright colours with the markings present that it has defensive features. This design shows it's behaviour is protective but also can be an ambush predator because of it's large horn. The colours are also vibrant on this male insect because it is a nature's way of attracting a mate, just as it in the real animal kingdom. I have also changed the design slightly on the face, I wanted to make the insect come across more aggressive as before I did not get that impression with the first design.


   This beetle design is the female insect. I have added marking to her as she has not got the large horn to protect herself. The markings are bright compare to her shell to warned off enemies. Still her colours are bland compare to the male insect, this is because many other female creatures in the animal kingdom do not have bright and vibrant coloured marking or coats as they do not have to attract a mate.

This is another coloured beetle that I have created. This insect is dark in colour as it is not a protector, it does not have to warn off enemies. It's has a behaviour that is very robust.




No comments:

Post a Comment