Sunday 13 December 2015

Life drawing workshop 3


This is my first life drawing workshop since the Christmas term. The session consisted of drawing the models facial expressions which is a lot different to drawing the model in full. In the session we had to draw 16 sketches and each piece lasting no longer than a few minutes, at the end of the workshop we had to draw the model in full for half an hour using chalk and pencil which had to express lighting using the white chalk. I did enjoy this workshop as it did bring me out of my comfort zone with drawing facial gestures, but feel I could do a lot better next time the more I practice.




I prefer to draw with charcoal in these workshops, as I feel I can get the drawings done a lot more quicker, if  I was drawing with a different medium such as a pencil, for me it would take me a lot longer to complete.




No comments:

Post a Comment