Friday 4 December 2015

My lamp model - Maya

We were told to create a desk lamp in our own time at home using the tools that we learnt in the previous lecture this week using Maya, here are some screen shots of my own final design for a desk lamp.



This is my desk lamp base, I have created a lamp that is themed. The theme is a torpedo bomb style lamp, I was playing around with the tools and thought the shape looked cool and it started to take on the appearance of a torpedo bomb base. I decided to theme my lamp around this design. This shape was created by extruding certain parts of the object.


This is the pole for my lamp that holds the bulb and lamp shade in place. I didn't want the pole to be a basic, smooth looking object so I added detail by placing a cylindrical shape at the bottom of the pole that is connected to the base of the lamp, then I copied the shape and made it travel to the top of the pole.


This is my shade for my desk lamp, I wanted to give it the similar cone like shape that of a torpedo bomb style head, this was done by using the extrude tool.


This is my themed desk lamp in full view.

No comments:

Post a Comment