Tuesday 19 April 2016

Time Machine, Final


Here is my time machine rendered and completed in Marmoset, (With the maps I used below too). I have had some issues with this model and not all of them I could fix, but they haven't had to much of an impact on my model shown below. This has to be one of my favourite pieces of work that I have produced in 3D so far. I went with a glossy effect to my model as I thought it would link well with the sci-fi theme that I was going for. At first I wanted it in a plain white colour but I thought it looked a little dull and would be fairly hard to notice any differences in the model while using other maps. I really liked emissive map which has given my time machine a glow in some areas which I was hoping for, I'm very pleased with the look of this map. The roughness map is another map that I thought would give an added feature to my model. As you can see I have used it to add a little detail to the stage part of my model and the base. I added what looks like water marks and foot prints. I feel adding this it gives the model a little interactivity as it shows that someone has used the time machine and returned from the past or future while they have been wet maybe from rain in the other time dimension.. If this was a real time machine in a game asset this is how it would work: The character would place the information of what date they would like to go to on the computer that is connected to the base. When the character has filled in the information on the computer the bottom of the base will start to glow as will the other lit areas of the time machine. Then the ring that is connected to the leg will lower surrounding the character and then transporting the character to where it was the character wanted to go. When they are in the other time dimension when they step of the base the two upright pieces on each of the two front corners of the stage will shoot light rays at the character when they walk through them, this is a device that clears away any harmful bacteria from the character so they don't effect the past or future. Overall I am happy with my final outcome and will be using Marmoset in the future with my 3D renders, and applying maps. 




Metallic map.


Roughness map.


My first base colour map in white.


My current base colour map, Grey. It looks messy but it worked well, as I was only doing one base colour for my model I could make it this way as this stopped the joined edges from the UV's being shown on my model which was showing white in areas.

 

Emissive map. 

No comments:

Post a Comment